SWEA South Florida’s Cultural Scholarship 2022 -will open soon!
Apply by May 1st, 2022. Announcements by May 18th, 2022.
SWEA SOUTH FLORIDA 2022 SCHOLARSHIP
For information about the 2022 SWEA South Florida Scholarship, please contact Sara Schesser Bartra by email at sara_bartra(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)hotmail.com
SWEA is a nonprofit organization for Swedish-speaking women who are living or have lived abroad. SWEA was founded in 1979 and is a global network with approximately 7,000 Swedish-speaking women in 74 chapters and 32 countries. Our local chapter in South Florida has around 170 members and was founded in 1992.
SWEA supports education through scholarships for projects or studies with specific emphasis on Sweden or Swedish aspects. The goal of SWEA South Florida’s Cultural Scholarship is to encourage, support and raise awareness of the Swedish culture, traditions and language.
The scholarship for the 2022-23 academic year is up to two thousand fivehundred US dollars ($2,500) depending on the durability of the studies.
Eligibility criteria for the scholarship:
To be eligible for the scholarship the applicant (male or female) must:
- Be a resident of Florida;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Define the studies or the project in time and content, including a detailed budget (i.e. air fare, ground transportation, housing, meals, study materials, etc., as applicable);
- Provide evidence of acceptance at the institution where the studies or the project are going to take place; and
- Agree in writing to provide a report on how the scholarship was used by submitting an article to SWEA South Florida within three months of completion of such studies or project and also attend our annual meeting in Fort Lauderdale the following year to give a presentation about the cultural experience in person (if possible).
- SWEA members or individuals closely related to a SWEA member are not eligible for the SWEA South Florida Scholarship.
Project or field of study, with specific emphasis on Sweden or Swedish aspects:
- The Swedish language;
- Swedish culture or traditions;
- Environmental science;
- A healthcare program promoting better health for women and children;
- A handicraft, art, glass art, music, literature or design project or study; or
- An exchange program with Sweden.
The application must be received by the SWEA South Florida Scholarship Committee not later than May 1st, 2022. The Scholarship Committee will review the applications and present its recommendations to the Board of Directors of SWEA South Florida. The Board of Directors will make the final decision as to the applicant that will be awarded the scholarship. All the applicants will be notified not later than May 18th, 2022.